As the quarter comes to a close, here are 10 things I'm looking forward to over winter break:
10. Never having to read a Supreme Court decision again.
9. Exploring Chicago without wondering if there's a story there.
8. Finding a cool restaurant or shop without immediately emailing a classmate to cover it.
7. Hoping for snow because it's fun, not because it makes for a great audio slide show.
6. Riding the train without secretly hoping for an accident so I have a story to file.
5. Deleting all "Rogers Park Google Alert" e-mails without reading them.
4. Having cell phone reception all of the time.
3. Not having to ask for the age and contact information of everyone I meet.
2. Reading something other than a Chicago newspaper or the CMS.
1. Three weeks, no interviews.
Happy Holidays everyone!